Commercial tour operators and activity providers on Parks Victoria and Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) managed land.

Tour operator and activity provider licences are the official approval, required by legislation, provided to a person or business to conduct organised tours and recreational activities, including training, for profit on public land.

Licence requirements

  • Any person or business conducting an organised tour or recreational activity, including training, for profit on public land in Victoria requires a tour operator and activity provider licence.
  • Parks Victoria issues and administers tour operator licensing on public land in Victoria on behalf of Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) and Parks Victoria including on Victorian state waters and inland waterways.

For more information on tour operators and activity provider licence requirements go to the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP).


Supporting documentation required to apply

Note: Without the above documentation Parks Victoria is unable to finalise your application.



Tour operators and activity providers are required to pay fees for:

  • Licence administration
  • Visitations (use fees)

The non- negotiable licence administration fee applies to all licence applications received within each financial year non pro-rata. For a standard licence greater than one year the administration fee can be invoiced as an upfront fee or on an annual basis.

The visitations (use fee) is the numbers of persons who participate in tours and activities. Regulations prescribe an annual cap on the total visitation (use fees) a tour operator is required to pay. Visitations are invoiced on a quarterly or annual basis.

The fees are reflective of the need to effectively manage environmental and public safety issues as well as allow public land managers to recover a reasonable proportion of costs that arise from nature-based tourism, in recognition of the health, cultural, and educational benefits of activities provided on public land.

The tiered fee schedule below indicates the administration fees for annual, annual greater than one year, 3, 5 and 10 years licences. As well as visitation (use fees) for children, adults and the capped use fee.

Tours and activities

Tour operators and activity providers will choose activities and locations as part of their application.

Site maps are to accompany all applications which include all trails, sites and activity locations. To help create site maps you can use the following online mapping site:

  • MapShareVic
  • Google Maps - We can accept good quality screenshots from Google Maps that clearly highlight the areas you wish to use. 


Accidents can happen while operating and it is a requirement of the licencee to submit an Incident response form (PDF 60.4KB) by email to as acknowledgment of the incident:

More information